HOW TO ACHIEVE
Discover here an overview of the programme which can be cascaded through your organisation
You will learn how to achieve:
- Breakthrough results vs Incrementalism
- Step-changes instead of Business-as-Usual
- Extraordinary performance vs Ordinary
Give yourself the benefit of:
- A once in a lifetime opportunity for extraordinary personal learning
- A rare chance to assess how well this training would help your organisation
How does the programme work?
- Intensive 2 day masterclass
- Not just strategies, but powerful practical tools and techniques
- 40 day follow-through tele-coaching (included)
“I was so impressed with how this training helped build our hugely successful KFC business in China, I decided all our managers worldwide should be exposed to it. It has been invaluable.”
Click here to see an article in The Economist about the extraordinary results achieved with this training.David Novak
“At Unicef UK, one specific fund-raising event was losing impact. It raised £3.1m in the launch year, but then declined to £1.6m per year. We all did the BBB training, applied the tools, and achieved £4.2m just weeks later.”Andrew Radford
“Fantastic tools, brilliant delivery, and hugely applicable and useful.”Jose L. Prado
“Very pragmatic, engaging and exciting program, the blend of practical tools and motivational aspects was fantastic.”Sheri McCoy
The programme has been highly valued by managers from over 200 leading, diverse organisations such as:
McKinsey, Accenture, Skanska, WPP, Save the Children, Reed Elsevier, British Airways, WPP. Procter & Gamble, The PGA, KPMG, O2, Siemens, Bank of England, Marks & Spencer, Boots, Barclays, Tesco, Sainsbury, Saatchi, J&J, Mindshare, GSK, London Underground, NSPCC, Novartis, Mars, BP, Diageo, Shell, Cadbury, The UK Cabinet Office, British Olympic Association, The World Food Program, and Unicef.
WHY DO BBB?
You will be able to:
Get Crisis-Like Performance without the Crisis
In a crisis, most perform brilliantly. But afterwards, many slip back down to a business-as-usual performance level which is way below the level they show in a crisis. Learn to access your in-a-crisis capability, without the need for a crisis.
Break out of the Daily Hurly Burly
Many people nowadays are trapped in back-to-back meetings and conference calls, constant messaging, and always-on-screen. Some now see it as an achievement, even the goal, just to keep up with the hour-to-hour. Instead learn how to make the time and space to create the extraordinary.
Produce and Execute Big, Practical Ideas
It’s easy to come up with ways to make things a little bit better. And we stay trapped in this because the usual alternative of blue-sky brainstorming produces little. Instead learn the techniques to generate big powerful ideas that can be made to work.
IF YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO SPARE 2 DAYS TO INVEST IN YOUR CAPABILITY, THAT’S EXACTLY WHY YOU SHOULD.
“AN INVESTMENT THAT WILL HAVE ALMOST INSTANT PAYOUT”
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
New strategies to generate the level of THINKING, ACTION and INTENTIONALITY needed to get extraordinary results. And new tools for each to help put the strategies into practice day-to-day.
On THINKING, the top 3 elements to focus on to generate big but practical thinking, and avoid the drift to daily reactive thinking.
“It’s easier to create a powerful idea and make it practical, than it is to make a pedestrian idea powerful” – Anon
On ACTION, how to differentiate between action and hectic activity, and the three ways to generate truly bold action.
“Never confuse motion with action” – Benjamin Franklin
On INTENTIONALITY, how to strengthen that needed mixture of self-motivation, determination and grit not to quit, which others consider an untrainable character trait.
“We will find a way, or we will make one” – Hannibal
“All three are needed. Thinking without Action is a daydream; Action without Thinking is a nightmare. And without Intentionality, the best thinking and action often falls at the first or second difficult hurdle.”
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WILL I LEARN: DETAILS
A. BREAKTHROUGH THINKING
BREAKTHROUGH THINKING vs INCREMENTALISM
- How to distinguish between two different thinking systems and the very different results they achieve
- Practice using both on simple examples
- Switch from your usual incremental thinking to methods that produce step-change results
THE CONCEPT OF TRIANGULAR THINKING
- Learn the three key thinking strategies that combine to produce the sort of results we only otherwise experience in a crisis or on special reports
1. HOW TO PICTURE STEP-CHANGE vs HAPPY DOING A BIT BETTER
- How the size of your goal dictates the action steps you generate
- The way “mission impossible” works
- How to generate the opposite of complacency
- How to use an emotional word-picture
- How to use the reticular activating system and cognitive dissonance to generate breakthrough thoughts
- How to think backwards from the future you want to create
- How to use the interior designer approach
- How to get a team to agree a step-change goal
- How to separate this from the budget or forecast process
2. HOW TO BUILD KNOW-HOW vs DROWN-IN-INFORMATION
- How more and more information no longer helps
- How to stop drowning in information and build know-how
- How to push back on information pollution
- The tools to build the know-how to achieve your step-change
3. HOW TO USE CREATIVE THINKING vs LOGIC ALONE
- Learn the pitfalls and limitations of brainstorming
- How to access your imagination through new breakthrough thinking strategies
- Learn the tools to become whole-brained vs left-brained
- How to choose powerful vs limited mindsets
B. BREAKTHROUGH INTENTIONALITY
Learn the root of intentionality:
- How to build your personal intentionality.
“We will find a way, or we will make one”. Hannibal
- How to avoid fractured focus
- How to switch off value destroyers
- How to switch on value generators
- How to add commitment to desire
- How to add self-push to pull
- How to get healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo
- 5 Tools to increase intentionality for already strong performers
C. BREAKTHROUGH ACTION
THE CONCEPT OF TRIANGULAR ACTION
- How to separate real ‘action’ from mere ‘activity’
- How to generate extraordinary action rather than ordinary
- The 3 key strategies that produce breakthrough action
1. HOW TO USE POWERFUL WORDS vs JUNK TALK
- How to emulate Churchill, Martin Luther King and Ghandi who used few but powerful words to move nations and inspire extraordinary action
- How to make use of techniques used by powerful advertising to get action
- Learn to cut through the 20,000 random words used in a typical day
- Learn 5 tools to generate sets of powerful words that get extraordinary action
2. HOW TO GENERATE HIGH SELF EFFICACY vs DRAIN AND STRAINS
- Increase the number of good days when you achieve lots; eliminate the bad days when things go from bad to worse; productivity is low and you feel unsatisfied
- Learn how to avoid being wound-up and ‘frazzled’; learn to avoid carrying the burden of work with you all the time
- Learn how to change unempowering moods
- Learn 10 leading edge tools to build powerful self-efficacy each day
3. CRISIS LIKE COLLABORATION vs SUPERFICIAL TEAMING
- Learn lessons from your behaviour in a crisis – when we’re all in the same boat, it’s all hands to the pump, and we collaborate with others in an extraordinary fashion… because we have to. A special bond is formed.
- Learn 5 tools to build this bond without the crisis
- Learn to develop do-able, challenging “take the hill” projects that take 30-40 days, and get people excited
D. BREAKTHROUGH APPLICATION
- Some rare ”silent solo thinking time” to plan
- Prepare your step-change project for next 40 days
- Prepare your personal menu of tools you’ll use
- Prepare for follow-through tele-coaching
HOW THE PROGRAMME WORKS
A highly intensive, fast-paced 2 day masterclass.
The design is a breakthrough in itself, to cover material normally covered in a typical 5 day course, so saving you 3 days. It does this by eliminating the fat of most courses; replacing unproductive long breakouts with frequent, focussed, powerful interaction; uses multiple short but real business examples to illustrate points powerfully; employs many simple, practical short exercises for participants to learn by “doing”.
The focus is on learning new “tools” as well as strategies. Managers can typically agree new personal strategies in theory when away from work, but find it difficult to put them into practice when faced with the hectic daily routine. But they will readily try tools, and if they work, will continue to use them and so change behaviour on the job.
Participants leave the masterclass with having identified
- a) a 40 day project to make a real step-change.
- b) a personal recipe of tools they plan to put into practice to help achieve it.
40 Day Follow-Through Tele-Coaching
Too often, people leave a seminar enthusiastic, but with no follow-up and find it difficult to apply what they’ve learnt. They get sucked back in to the daily routines.
BBB includes unique, individual, follow-through telecoaching over the next 40 days to help each participant put their personal plan into practice.
Why only 40 days? Experience shows if you haven’t used a tool by then, you never will. On the other hand, the tools work, and it only takes a first experience for you to want to build them into your armoury.
Working with one of the world’s leading franchisers (KFC) we have created programmes that are ‘Best-in-World standard for both Train the Trainers, and Train the Coaches. This allows companies to cascade broadly and quickly for maximum impact on results.
“AN INVESTMENT THAT WILL HAVE ALMOST INSTANT PAYOUT”
ABOUT JOHN O’KEEFFE
John O’Keeffe is the founder of BBB. He designed the programme drawing on three sets of experiences with high performance.
- At 19, while studying for a Masters in Chemical Engineering at Cambridge, he became an International hockey player, and spent 2 years in the Olympic Programme. He learnt early what it takes to aim to be Best-in-World.
- He then had a fast-track career with P&G through marketing and general management, developing and putting into practice the tools he now teaches. He reached the level of Group Vice-President, and a member of P&G’s Worldwide top 20 Executive Committee. He had a best selling book on achieving breakthrough results whilst still at P&G, called Business Beyond the Box.
- He then left to work with leading organisations worldwide to design a Best-in-World programme to teach others to achieve the sort of extraordinary results he had experienced. It has proven successful in the East as well as the West, in For-Profit and Non-Profit, in organisations big and small. (See Results section)
Working with one of the world’s leading franchisers (KFC), he has created programmes that are ‘Best-in-World’ standard for both Train the Trainers, and Train the Coaches. This allows companies to cascade broadly and quickly for maximum impact on results.
AN INVESTMENT THAT WILL HAVE ALMOST INSTANT PAYOUT